Create exciting projects by connecting the Raspberry Pi to your Android phone
About This Book
- Manage most of the fundamental functions of Raspberry Pi from your Android phone
- Use the projects created in this book to develop even more exciting projects in the future
- A project-based learning experience to help you discover amazing ways to combine the power of Android and Raspberry Pi
Who This Book Is For
The target audience for this book includes Raspberry Pi enthusiasts, hobbyists, and anyone who wants to create engaging projects with Android OS. Some knowledge of Android programming would be helpful.
What You Will Learn
- Install the tools required on your Pi and Android to manage and administer the Pi from Android
- Share your files between different Android devices using the Pi as a server
- Set up the Pi to live-stream the camera in surveillance mode and customize Android to receive this content
- Turn your Pi into a media center and control it from your Android
- See your Android display on a large screen using Raspberry Pi
- Connect your car’s dashboard to your Android device using Raspberry Pi
Raspberry Pi is the credit card-sized, general purpose computer which has revolutionized portable technology. Android is an operating system that widely used in mobile phones today both on the high and low ends of the mobile phone market. However, there is little information about how to connect the two in spite of how popular both of them are.
Raspberry Pi Android Projects starts with simple projects that help you access the command prompt and the desktop environment of Raspberry Pi from the comfort of your Android phone or tablet. Then, you will be introduced to more complex projects that combine the strengths of the Pi and Android in amazing ways. These projects will teach you how to manage services on the Pi from Android, share files between Android devices using the Pi as a server, administer and view the Pi’s camera from Android in surveillance mode, and connect your car to the Pi and make data more accessible using Android.
The introductory projects covered will be useful each time you need to access or administer your Pi for other purposes, and the more advanced projects will continue to be valuable even after you become an expert on Pi.
By the end of this book, you will be able to create engaging and useful projects that will help you combine the powers of both Android and Raspberry Pi.
Style and approach
A quick and easy-to-follow guide that will show how you can add up the power of Pi and Android by combining them.