From revolution to embargo, from the charms of old Havana to the beaches of the Bay of Pigs, from the hypnotic rhythms of Caribbean music to voodoo influences, Cuba is a country of passion and complexity, a political dinosaur on the verge of dramatic change. Travelers’ Tales Cuba is an eye-opening literary ensemble, in which Cuba emerges with all its strengths and weaknesses, convictions and contradictions.
In Travelers’ Tales Cuba:
* Swivel your hips with Stephanie Elizondo Griest as she dances with Havana’s mistress of rumba
* Pick up hitchhikers with Dave Eggers and meet the starting center for the Cuban women’s national basketball team
* Feel the heartbeat of Cuba on late night musical excursions with Henry Shukman
* Learn the Cuban secret to life–making the most of what you have–with Cristina Garcia
* Join Patrick Symmes on his search for the Ernesto “Che” Guevara legend
* Glimpse the quirks, charm, and creativity of Cubans on an unusal bus ride with Eduardo Galeano… and much more.